Monday, January 31, 2005

Astro = Repeats + No service when it rains

I know a lot of people have pointed this shit out countless time. But fork it Im gonna still write about it cause ….that’s all we re able to do. See this is what happens when the consumer has no option. No choice.

See Astro is so synonymous with REPEATING programs right … Its becoming so bad that you can’t even know the stuff your watching is from 2002 or 2005. It happened to me recently; see I’m an avid CSI fan. No not Miami but the original. In case you don’t know I am the rightful owner of the gil.grissom@gmail.com add. Hehe…So when they started to broadcast CSI on Wednesday I just could not be bothered to watch it as I assume it was another rerun. Well there’s no surprise when you’re watching Astro? So when I was flipping through the channel I saw the CSI episode and noticed that I have never seen it before. It was only then did I realize I have missed the new CSI season. Luckily I only missed the first show as the one I saw was the second of the new one. I m not being cynical but Astro just forking do whatever they want and show 2002 programs when it’s actually 2005. So do not blame me for making such assumption. I am not shitting you guys k. Example: I noticed a show that look kinda new to me as I ve never seen it before on channel 13. The name of the show was Blister if I am not mistaken. It’s a game show that reviews the so called latest games on consoles such as the X-box, PS2 etc.. Yeah latest if you lived in 2002 that is…I shit you not man the game that they were reviewing was Dragon’s Lair…Do you know when did the game came out last year. They showcase the game during its development and that game took 2 years to complete. Come on man when you are talking about technology a year is like really old. Technology develops so rapidly that you just can’t afford to read on really old information. What do these guys in Astro take us man, do they think that we re that stupid …Another thing, they did was review a game convention…Yeah sounds cool huh? Again the convention was in 2002. Shit man do you realize that we Malaysians are so used to be given second hand stuff… Seriously man never be proud of the imported stuff we have .. The Starbucks, Marche, Ikea, Burger King, Kenneth Cole, Zara and all that shit. You don’t need to go far to realize this. Just compare all that stuff with Singapore and you will realize they already have it for a looong time. Way before we had it. I still remembered when I was in JB, whenever I went to Kl I will know the latest stuff way before the guys in Kl. Its not something I am proud of as I now live in Kl too. It just makes you realize that it sucks. I don’t know about you but I never for the life of me like it if I am treated secondary. If you are the kind of person who likes to brags about the Kenneth Cole you just bought at KLCC… Well don’t, cause those stuff are actually old designs. I know because when I went to Singapore they had the ones that we re similar to the ones in the Website. Ours are probably unwanted designs from Singapore. I don’t really like Singaporeans (nothing harmful though) but they do have the better stuff and shopping there is way better then in Kl. So it’s the same with the TV programs. We usually get old shite all the time. At least the ones on The AXN channel are quite new. What forks me up is that Astro should be giving us better stuff and not just shoves us with old stuff and making us feels secondary.

To those who live around Damansara area ... And tried to catch the Australian Open Mens final I pity you...For that fateful moment God gave us rain and took away Astro from you ....Hahahah ...

I tought that when it rained you are supposed to stay home and enjoy the telly ...
But not if you have Astro ...
For me when it rained ... Get out or get bored....

Well to be fair to them they are improving…A bit la …
But honestly I still feel they are getting away with being the one and only cable tv in Malaysia

The Best Mamak ….

What is with we Malaysians and Mamak. We just cant get enough of it. If the Westerners have their McDonalds then we Malaysians have our Mamaks. Maybe it’s the fast service, maybe it’s the open air environment and not forgetting the food of course. But I guess we being Malaysians like it more as you can order one teh tarik and sit there for hours. Me guilty of that too. Hahah but did you know that in Venice where sidewalk cafes are famous you will be charged for just having a seat? Even if you don’t order a single thing form the café, and if I am not mistaken different seats are priced differently. I guess they ll expect you to pay more if you sit at a good location.

Mohsin (Rating:4/5)

Yeah to me the best Mamak at the moment is Mohsin. Well I don’t know about you but based on the mamaks that I go to (ones that are near to my place) it’s the best so far. First of all the food is good and the service is prompt too. The foods that I enjoy most are the Nan and the Tandoori. They have an interesting selection of Nan bread such the Nan Mumtaj which is a Pizza like nan. Most importantly the texture of the bread is soft and not too hard. The tandoori is also well cooked as they are not too dry, often other places make the mistake of over cooking it till its way to dry. The reason I m telling this stuff is cause lately Im trying … yes trying to look after what I eat. While many think that Mamak food is unhealthy I do think there certain food that are in fact healthy. Nan and tandoori being some of em. So hopefully it does help me out there. Another interesting thing about Mohsin is that you can order fruits, such as Jambu Batu with asam boi. Interesting huh. Besides that the place is bright and parking is not that hard.

By the way notice the rating? Well its just something I thought of doing in case you guys want to consider the stuff that I write about ….

Interesting Fact

If you go to MSN’s search engine (crap engine) and search for GUYS SHITING IN GIRLS MOUTH and guess what…The first result is Stomping Ground…Don’t ask me how the MSN search engine comes out with that, for I definitely have never put such article I my blog….I shit you not cause one of my referral was from there…I guess they must have made some mistake cause when I tried to search using the string again it did nt return my page anymore…

Hahahah ….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home